Friday 28 October 2016

Healing in Brussels

Snatam Kaur and band in Brussels

Our producer said she was happy that the concert venue would be mostly full that night. Many people had stopped coming to concerts because of the intense fear that overtook the city of Brussels after the terrorist attack this past summer. I have to admit to fearful imaginings entering my mind during sound check. The shadows danced with the idea of a possible attack, creating horrible visions amidst the dark curtains behind us on the stage.

It was now concert time. Our producer, Elke, perhaps sensing my fear, and that of the audience, walked to the microphone in the center of the stage to introduce us. She wore a beautiful white dress and with the loving energy of Mother Earth Herself, assured us that on this night, we would all be safe. As the band and I took the stage, my emotions overcame me and no longer was I afraid, but deeply touched by what these people had been through. I heard through the news the incredible strength of the people of Brussels.  They adamantly refused to be deterred by acts of terror, but instead, to stand strong and remain in a place of humanity. Now I was seeing it and feeling it. They clapped and I cried. I knew at that moment that we had a job to do. We needed to heal the heart and nurture the spirit. We had the perfect tools for such a job—mantra and music. 

As I explained to the audience, we do not need to be perfect. We just have to perfectly apply ourselves to the mantra. When we apply ourselves fully, we have to give of ourselves fully in who we are. When we feel fear, anger, and other intense emotions, we don't just leave them aside—we fully incorporate those sensations. Passionately we allow these sensations to flow into the river of the voice.  As we flow through the channel of the mantra, the structure of the sacred words and the energetic impression created by all of those who have recited it before, heal us. It is a simple, beautiful and fool proof technology that has worked for me thousands of times and it was working in Brussels.

Each mantra brought us into a different aspect of healing. It felt as if every heart was being touched in some way. No longer was I leading the experience but simply following the energy of Spirit as it flowed and blossomed. Finally at the end, we chanted Akaal, a mantra which means "beyond death".  We chant Akaal to help a soul after the death of the physical body, find its merger with the One. I cried once again. I had become one with these people. I did not cry because of the terror.  I cried because we had become awakened human beings, souls of light, praying for all souls everywhere. We had been healed.

Courtesy of the Author


from Spirituality & Health Magazine blogs
http://ift.tt/2eVCphk

from http://ift.tt/1YWCQaF

#spiritual #health

No comments:

Post a Comment